The Centre of Resilience (COR) is a community development model piloted at Emerald Community House committing to resilience building ideas and initiatives that stimulate community strength, trust and durability in communities. MorwellNH is proud to be a member of COR Emerald.
* We adopt a strategy that contributes to community continuity using social, economic, natural and built environments
* We embed resilience strategies into our goals and objectives, programs, policies and strategic plans
* We commit to community development approaches by empowering people to get involved and be the change they seek
* We find out what people value, identify what they can do to get there and assist them to achieve it
* We identify lateral networking opportunities and increase local interoperability through activities and partnerships
* We maintain an online ideas bank that showcases what is happening elsewhere and provide an opportunity for local networks to flourish laterally
* We develop partnerships locally, nationally and even internationally to create collaborative networks with other organisations to spread our collective resilience to support each other
* We source support through creative means – individual, government, philanthropic and organizational and draw interest from business and other organization partnerships.
Find out more about Emerald Community House: