The next Free Store at Morwell Neighbourhood House will be held on Wednesday 8th February 2017.. We ask that donated items need to be dropped off from 11am, as shopping starts at 12pm. Store donations can also be donated during regular open hours, Monday through Friday 9am – 3pm. Our address is 48-50 Beattie Crescent, Morwell.
The types of items accepted as donations to the Free Store include; clothing, toys, books, electrical items (working), shoes, linen, kitchenware, furniture and non-perishable food items.
The Free Store is a community owned community driven program spearheaded by locals residents who have a have identified a need in the community & have set about finding ways to address it. The Free Store Program is supported by Morwell Neighbourhood House. If you have any questions about the Free Store, please call the House on 5134 5488. Thank-you.
Guidelines to HAPPY shopping at the FREE STORE
- Shopping will start at 1pm, we will not open the door early. This is to ensure that everyone gets a fair opportunity to shop.
- We love children, but we cannot take responsibility for them. Children under 15 will need an adult with them to shop at our free store.
- You must be wearing shoes to enter our store.
- Please bring your own bags, unfortunately we do not have enough bags for everyone.
- If you see something you like take it and smile. It’s your lucky day!
- Need some help? Look for the people wearing safety vests or orange Tshirts they are the wonderful team of dedicated volunteers who make the free store happen each month. They will be able to help you.
- Are you donating? You can do that from 11am – 12pm on the day of the free store. You can donate any unwanted items such as clothing, toys, books, electrical items (still working), shoes, linen, kitchenware (plates, glasses, cups, cutlery, pots and pans) and NON PERISHABLE food items. The turn over of goodies relies on your generosity & we THANK YOU for your donations.
- Donations can be placed into the trailer & will be sorted & distributed at the next free store.
- The free store is run on people power, we have a donations tin we gratefully & humbly accept any donations to help us with the running cost of the free store.
- Our work is inspired by the Pay it Forward Model. To ensure we can service all those who need it please take what you need & where you can, do something nice for someone else or donate your unwanted items back to the free store. Kindness is contagious
- DISCLAIMER: We cannot take responsibility for items that do not work or are damaged. If you decide it doesn’t fit or you change your mind, you can bring it back. You are welcome to see if you can find something else you like.
- DISCLAIMER: There may be video, audio or photos taken at the free store events for social media if you don’t wish to appear online or in media publications please let us know.